Thursday 19 July 2007

Money, It's A Gas


Well, it's entry number 2 to my blog, documenting my struggle to build my own Stratocaster guitar.

It's pay-day for me tomorrow, but seeing as I'm only contracted to 15 hours a week, my pay is rather low :-( So I've been doing all the over-time I can, so I'm expecting around £600.

So, tomorrow (pay day) I'll be off to buy my soldering iron and equipment, and start looking for the electronics for the guitar, a scratchplate to fix them to, and a body.
As I stated before, the body will definately be black, as will the scratchplate. The pickups will be (at least one, anyway) Seymore Duncan - similar to David Gilmour's. If I decide to only buy one SD pickup, the other two will probably be Fender USA's.
Once all that's wired up and working, I can buy the neck, probably Warmoth.

The next entry? Who knows? When I get some soldering equipé and electronics...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is this The Doctor from the podcast?