Monday 23 July 2007

On An Island


I have been going into this project totally blind. I have never built a guitar before, and I keep hitting brick walls. I seem to be stuck on an island, all alone.

But, one person has helped me quite alot, someone by the name of pinkfloydfan1 on the Pink Floyd Online forum, who's helped me in choosing my pickups and body.


I have decided that the pickups will all be Seymore Duncans - more specifically - David Gilmour Custom Shop models, which pinkfloydfan1 tells me, costs $300 - and at the time of writing this, is about £145.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Doc. Saw your thread at guitarnuts2 and thought i'd add my tupence-wroth.

£145 seems awfully pricey for an SD, but then it is a custom. I've come across a great german site who stock loads of pickups:

thomann.de

I'm sure you'll find what you want here for a good price.

Good luck!

Kiran

Anonymous said...

Personally I'd have a Gilmore in the bridge and middle and a Jeff Beck sig in the neck.

For flexibility. JB pickups have a much warmer sound.

Love Lewiji <3

The Doctor said...

Thanks, Lewiji, but I'm going for a Gilmour replica, so I'll be getting the 3 SD's - thanks for your advice anyway.